Call for Artists
Gallery@ Spencer Lofts, Chelsea, MA, began upon completion of the Spencer Lofts complex in December 2004. Artists have ranged from potters and sculptors to photographers and painters, and have traveled to show their work from as far as NYC; Lima, Peru; and Vienna, Austria. We are proud to be a part of Chelsea and its emerging art scene. The gallery is open by appointment only, and is handicapped accessible. Admission is free.
The Gallery@ Spencer Lofts presents monthly exhibits in its state-of-the-art facility. If you are interested in having an exhibition of your own work or a group show, please read on.
Interested artists should submit the following via snail mail (for filing purposes email submissions will NOT be accepted):
1) Up to 10 high quality digital images of recent work on a CD
• 300 dpi JPGs, 4×6 format,
• ready for MAC use, however not in PowerPoint or PDF form,
• each image clearly numbered 1-10.
2) Hard (paper) copies of the following (please do NOT include these as text documents on the CD):
• a list noting the title, date, medium, and size of each image, where possible,
• resume(s) with the artists’ name(s) and contact information, including email address and phone number, and a brief description of the works to be considered.
3) A self-addressed, stamped envelope so that we may notify you of the committee’s selections.
NOTE: in addition, if you would like your CD returned, please send a stamped self-addressed mailer large enough to accommodate the disc.
Gallery@ Spencer lofts
C/O Darlene DeVita
60 Dudley St. Unit 107
Chelsea, MA 02150
Incomplete or incorrect submissions will not be considered.
INFORMATION FOR ACCEPTED ARTISTS
Hanging Your Exhibition:
Works must be properly wired across the back for hanging; nothing can be placed directly on the walls. Artists are responsible for setting up a time and day to hang work. We can provide assistance if you wish.
Once an artist’s work is accepted and a show scheduled, an Opening Reception may also be planned. The artist is responsible for food and drinks at the reception and for making and/or sending invitations or exhibition postcards.
Publicity is handled by the Gallery Communications group. They are responsible for a press release and any signs that are needed for the show. Additional promotional materials produced by the artist need to be approved by the Gallery.
The gallery receives a 10% commission on all works sold.
We are a non-profit, self-sustaining venue: thank you for your support!
The Gallery does not hold insurance for artwork on display and is not responsible for loss or damage of the artist’s work. Exhibiting artists will be asked to sign a waiver, found here.
• Artist(s) must also pay a fee of $50, which goes to the board of the Spencer Lofts for use of the space.
• In addition, a check for $100 must be written as collateral for any damage to the gallery caused by the show. The check will be held until the works are removed and, if no damage has occurred, the check will be returned, or disposed of.
Still have a question? Call or email Darlene DeVita at (617) 466-0403 or firstname.lastname@example.org